Using Mathematical Operations
Q. Can Solid help calculate part sizes without having to use a calculator?
A. Yes. Each part size field can accept mathematical operations.
1) Start a new job and place a cabinet on a Wall.
2) Select that cabinet so you see its parameters on the sidebar.
3) To illustrate using mathematical operations, let's change the width of the cabinet by adding 30 + 6 in the Width field itself. Once you type in the formula, simply click the Enter key.
4) Just as you can use the plus sign (+) for Addition, you can use the forward slash mark (/) for Division.
5) You can also use the minus sign (-) for Subtraction and the asterisk (*) for Multiplication.
<< Back to Tips and Tricks